FALCON WINCH ASSIST
The Falcon Winch Assist is the only Hydraulic Winch Machine on the market that provides your crew with Safety, Simplicity, Productivity and Real Versatility.
- Practical and versatile, the Falcon Winch Assist system can to be fitted to any Excavator over 27 tonnes.
- The single drum 1 ⅛ inch roped provides continuous traction support for felling and shovelling machines on slopes up to 50°/110%.
- With the option of 500 – 650 metres of rope length, the Falcon Winch Assist can be designed to suit your specific requirements.
- Multiple safety features and operating alarms gives the operator the safety and security to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Designed to be a multi purpose machine, The Falcon Winch Assist can be used effectively for digging, loading and shovelling.
SIMPLICITY OF OPERATION
Developed in the forest with collaboration from logging crews every step of the way means the single rope Falcon Winch Assist is engineered to be uncomplicated, simple to operate and easy to maintain.
- The Felling Machine Operator only has to manage one rope when operating down the slope reducing complexity and potential for snags.
- The Winch System design provides less mechanical and electrical complexity and therefore opportunity for faults and breakdowns.
- The Winch Unit is enclosed by rear guarding for protection with easy access points for maintenance.
MULTIPLE SAFETY FEATURES
The Falcon Winch Assist has been designed and tested through thousands of operational hours in a wide range of slope and soil conditions. As a result we’ve developed a number of safety features to eliminate operator risk.
- Overspeed Alarm triggering a rope management system in the Winch which automatically slows it down to prevent shock-loading.
- Movement Alarm to alert the operator is the Winch Machine experiences any movement.
- Cab Door Tamper Detection Alarm.
- Over Tension Alarms.
- Drum Over Speed Alarm/Arrest.
- Maximum Rope Pay Out Alarm/Arrest.
- Live Feed Camera System for the Operator monitoring the engine bay and winch drum.
- Winch Drum Size: Option of 500m, 550m or 650m of 1 1/8’ swaged wire rope
- Winch Pull Effort: 21 tonnes (estimated)
- Winch Speed: Varies between machines – winch speeds are set to the teethed machines ‘turtle’ walk mode to enable the over-speed safety arrest system to work
- Cooling: Additional radiator installed